Error 1999

hvasamse

Joined Aug 27, 2012
Hi All,

i am new user to this framework getting below error.
ERROR 1999: Error in 'ozDriverGSMmodem/OpenComPort': The port 'COM1' does not exist

please assist, Thanks A lot!

hvasamse

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hi All,

i am new user to this framework getting below error.
ERROR 1999: Error in 'ozDriverGSMmodem/OpenComPort': The port 'COM1' does not exist

please assist, Thanks A lot!

hvasamse

Try selecting a different port than the one you are using, apparently the com1 port does not exist on your PC.... try COM2, COM3, etc.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Do you use a USB to serial converter? In that case the comport alias will most likely not be COM1. However I am only guessing here. I would help if you gave more info about your problem. What kind of software/hardware/OS are you using

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Do you use a USB to serial converter? In that case the comport alias will most likely not be COM1. However I am only guessing here. I would help if you gave more info about your problem. What kind of software/hardware/OS are you using
That is what is in one of the pictures he posted, it is a USB to TTL module he is trying to connect to the GSM module..... The OP could always look under the device manager, under ports, to see what comm # the OS assigns to the adapter....