Equivalent V-A Characteristics Of Two Diodes?

kurvi4ka

Joined Jun 22, 2013
Hi, everyone. Can someone please help me with this problem? How to draw the equivalent V-A characteristics of two diodes? Thanks, in advance! :)
Examples:

kurvi4ka

Joined Jun 22, 2013
OK. This is what will happen from my deductions. Sorry I don't know how to use software to do graphics, and sorry that I don't have a scanner:(

PS Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Your V-A characteristics looks good. But why you reverse the voltage polarity in the second pic? Why not 15.3V on first quadrants and 1.4V on the third quadrants ?

screen1988

Joined Mar 7, 2013
Jony,
For example, in the second circuit, there are two zener diodes in series. One with 6.3V and the other is 9V. Why this circuit possible? I think there is a short circuit here.
I don't understand these circuits.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Well I don't see any "short" here. The task was to draw V-I characteristics on the plot.
Why you see a short? If you need to plot V-I for a single si diode you will also see a short?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't understand the circuit:

Why 6.3 V can be in parallel with 9V? Is this a short circuit?
These aren't batteries and the diodes aren't generating 6.3V and 9V. w

A normal silicon diode has about 0.7V across it when it is forward biased and conducting current, right?

A germanium diode has about 0.3V, right?

Let's say that you had a circuit that had both kinds of diode in it. You could write "Si" and "Ge" next to them (or a part number) to let you know which is which. But you could also write "0.7V" and "0.3V" next to them, right?

It's the same thing here. The "6.3V" and "9V" are simply labels telling you what the reverse biased voltage is when it is conducting in that direction.