Enhanced Computer Intelligence from KTH Royal Technical University

Discussion in 'Math' started by IntelliMath, Jul 10, 2009.

1. IntelliMath

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hey all,

A breakthrough in artificial computer intelligence is emerging from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. At the heart of this technology is a core math engine which allows for true automated decision making and disorder detection. These capabilities will improve the reliability and performance of many autonomous applications including robotic positioning, shape and pattern recognition, vehicle navigation, etc.

Several applications based on this new math engine are freely available at http://www.infra.kth.se/geo/ under the Services and Free software section on the left of the page.

Enjoy!

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Expecting people to trawl through your site might be asking a little much. Why don't you embellish the above elements if you want anyone to take an interest in this (btw, it does potentially seem of interest, just isn't enticing enough to make me want to work my way through examples on your site).

Dave

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If it's
    , then it's not
    Perhaps you might expand on how a math engine can do better than better branch prediction? Quad precision floating point can be impressive, but it's still just following the program code.

4. IntelliMath

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback on my original post. To briefly expand on what was already written, the Core Math Engine technology is a collection of general problem solving algorithms that handle disorder detection, data accuracy determination and singularity resolution in general, even without an initial functional model.

I sincerely recommend playing with the free downloads and manipulating the input data so you can experience the benefits mentioned above. One reason that AI has failed in the past is the lack of reliable disorder detection and singularity resolution, this new technology eliminates these problems.

If you are interested in further elaboration, I recommend to simply contact them as I did. The key people can be found at http://www.infra.kth.se/geo/ by clicking the KTH-MEC link on the left hand side.

A little trawling never hurt anyone.

~Nate

5. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    I'm afraid some people should focus on expanding their own intelligence a bit more; rather then create such AI devices.

6. Ratch

Mar 20, 2007
    IntelliMath,

During my life, I have heard of lots of "breakthroughs" in one field or another. So many of them have not fulfilled their promise. They include countless cures and treatments for cancer, diabetes, poison ivy, etc. I don't see any of them hitting the street yet. How about cold fusion. Remember that one? So you will forgive me if I say, "Ho-hum, I will know it when I see it".

Ratch