England Vs Italy (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Robin Mitchell, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Robin Mitchell

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Well, England sucked :/

Roney was great at getting the ball towards the goal, but then just belts it and hopes that it goes in!

2. Treeman

May 22, 2014
    They weren't that bad though I still woke up at 5.30am wishing I hadn't bothered. Happy Fathers Day Daddy!

Anyway what to expect from an increasingly 3rd world country?

Not enough investment in sport too many spoilt brats with no hunger and motivation. At least we attacked for once with something else as well as the long ball forward.

European flair will always outdo us - compare Shearer to Henri in the 1/2 time interview. Shearer will work for a goal doggedly when Henri will pinch one while your asleep. Its written in their eyes.

I know I married a thieving cheating blaggardy Frenchy. ;)

Whatever the hype- we expect to lose.:confused:

3. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Pfft. Too much if you ask me.

Not enough investment in what really matters - STEM subjects. Areas that we did and still do excel in.

Great to see the football suffering, if it only means that less attention is wasted on these hooligans.

Brownout likes this.
  4. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    I find the World Cup as an excuse to get some drink down my neck and leave with a few numbers.

A bunch of over-paid idiots who don't know what a days hard work is, is the least of my worries.

5. Treeman

May 22, 2014
    Like 2-1 ! :D

6. Treeman

May 22, 2014
    Footballs not suffering - its been like this for decades...soon USA will beat us at rugger.
    There's not enough investment in anything except potholes anymore.

Friend of mine is/was a music/tech teacher. School is now an Academy.
    Was asked with colleagues to take a 10% wage cut from the new head - on 250K per year. Just before leaving he gave a kid detention and lines - kid wrote "Mr Dave is a FN C***" . Mr Dave's colleague then proudly announced rather than telling boy off he'd corrected the boys spelling?:confused::rolleyes:!
    Dave left and is now seeking sanity over employment.

Wife works at an Academy and kids are/will be at one no doubt. Gulp.

Home education may make a come back. Sport included.;)

Sparky49 likes this.
  7. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Exactly. And whilst we have been pouring money into it, all for the goal of four years of vanity, real world-changing projects, research and ideas get peanuts.

Go back 100 years and it was very different. People would visit factories to marvel at production techniques. Children's toys encouraged critical thinking, even Meccano had deliberate mistakes in the instructions to stretch brains. Funnily enough, this was also a time which shaped (literally and figuratively) a new world.

Grrr.:mad:

Rant over. :p

I just realised how much I sound like an angry old man. :rolleyes::p

8. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    were those guys afraid of each other or something? it didnt look like they ever got within 10 feet of eachother the whole game. and as for England becoming a third world country, the third world country teams really try hard.

Sparky49 likes this.