Engineering Students Suffering

MegaMan

Joined Sep 25, 2009
yes, and will also add a scene where he draws a large "Engineering drawing and an bird pees on it?" , Today 5-1-2011 is my last final exam this semester, Circuit analysis II "AC"

MegaMan

Joined Sep 25, 2009
ok, finished exams and making some stuff, now back to this project at last....
I have about 25 days of holiday, I hope this is enough!! :)

MegaMan

Joined Sep 25, 2009
clips and completion percentage
01- get up of sleep [100%]
02- brush teeth [100%]
03- eating a meal [100%]
04- taking a lecture [100%]
05- Laboratory [90%]
06-
07-
08-
09-
10-
11-

Watching T.V. [95%]
Playing footbal [80%]
Studying at home [85%]

Suggested Ideas :
Graduation
?
?

give me ideas please... :)
right now i'm animating the play football scene... :)

MegaMan

Joined Sep 25, 2009
report, Today I have finished Play football and nearly finished studying scene

clips and completion percentage

01- get up of sleep [100%]
02- brush teeth [100%]
03- eating a meal [100%]
04- taking a lecture [100%]
05- Laboratory [100%]

06- Study at home [85%]
07- Play Football [100%]
08- Watch T.V. [100%]
09- Study at home again [85%]
10- Exam
11- Graduation
12?

:)

ps: what about making the student have ADHD?

Attachments

Last edited:

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
I mentioned this early in the thread as well, even if you don't use eyebrows you can control the shape of the eye to give the impression of eyebrows.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It could be cool..visually... if you have the eyebrows "floating" above the face.. like non-connected.

You could also use them in a gag.. Like having the 2 eyebrows chasing each other around his head.. Things like that.

OR you could have "emotion devices" they could be in the eyebrow area to act as eyebrows, but if he was to frown, they could move to his "mouth area" and join together to become frowning lips.. or they could act as a mustache.. a goatee/beard..

It could make for interesting visuals.

If you have ever seen "AutoMan" the TV show.. He had a floating "cursor" that could do things for him. It would "draw" a car when he needed one.. and stuff like that.

You could do the same with the eyebrows or "emotion devices"

I really think "buggy" non-properly functioning eyebrows could add to the students troubles.

Just like in real life, if your car had a slow leak.. It isn't a HUGE deal, but you must constantly be aware of it.. continuously get air, go out too late and its flat.. I think having a robot student with a bunch of problems would be interesting.. but to top it all off, his new eyebrow upgrade have gone rouge and adds to his misery.

When he is typing stuff into a calculator, the eyebrow can jump off his face, run down his arm and hit extra buttons, screwing up his work.

When he goes to talk to girl-bots, he is constantly worried that the eyebrows will make him look foolish ;)

Something to consider.. It will add the ability to express emotion, while adding humor and future plot material.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Looking good so far.. You are doing SOMETHING, which is more than 99% of people can say.

I agree with the emotion.

I keep thinking about the eyebrows as bugs things.. "computer or hardware bugs" an "add on" that your character buys that OBVIOUSLY doesn't work as advertised.
He/she CONSTANTLY has to SWAT them as they try to "escape".

For instance: They crawl off his face, down his arm and to the table.. He WHACKS them with his hand, then grabs them and puts them back on his face.. They "operate properly for a while, just to "act up" again and again.

This gives you comic relief AND emotion.

It will add characters to interact with, AND something that us hardware and software guys/girls can relate to...BUGGY code or BUGGY hardware.. And trying to get "analog" to interact properly with "digital"

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
You could replace the red dot with emoticons instead. That'll give him a full face and the ability to use expressions and still scream geek =)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I also think of a scene where our character is sitting with a girl, watching some TV.

A typical "problem" is getting your arm around the girl.

Well the eye brows can "hurt" and "help" our guy.

As he sits next to her "wishing" he could put his arm around here, and thinking about using the "yawn".. (Stretching your arms out while yawning just to lower your arm around the girls shoulders)

FINIALLY, the eyebrows start acting up.. They jump off his face, onto the top of the couch. They crawl behind the girl.. When he reaches for his eyebrows, he is actually putting his arm around the girl inadvertently. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

You can also have the eyebrows be lovers.. A "him" and "her" eyebrow... In the end of the clip you can zoom into his face to see the eyebrows "kiss" or something like that.

;)

I see them as "bugs".. I dunno.

But,, like in reality, sometimes buggy hardware or code helps you "discover" a new option.. or It MAKES an option you had not thought about.

I think programmers would "get it" and actually enjoy it.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You could replace the red dot with emoticons instead. That'll give him a full face and the ability to use expressions and still scream geek =)
Thats a good idea too.

I would use it for another character that has a "screen" for a head.

Even the "girl" in the series.

You could show her emotion with the:
:) :( :confused: :mad: ;) :D

Add some "long hair" to them to match hers maybe?

Good idea sceadwian!