End of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why do superstitious or religeous people believe the garbage about the end of the world every few years and it never happens?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Some people just do not want to think for themselves. They would rather 'follow' someone and do what they are told to do. Individuals with the ability to actually have independent thoughts of their own never fall for such con artists scams

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Talk abt end of the world, yet no one really knows when...total BS.

You guys donno the signs of the end.
I know yet no intention of discussing, cause you won't believe it.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yep, but ours is true and your isn't. Same logic, turned around. Did it make you a little hot? It did me. Think about it.

It is the reason you don't proselytise here. People hold their views as importantly as you do yours. I keep saying it, but people kill over this stuff.

You are not going to convert me to Islam or it's beliefs, and I will not try to convert you.

While this story was pretty lame (and any intelligent person did not buy into it), it is core to Christian belief. You do not have to believe it to respect it.

All I ask for is to respect each other. Nuff said.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Where did all you guys disappear to fri. and sat.
only person on the off-topic forum.
That was strange,I waited and waited nobody.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Why do superstitious or religeous people believe the garbage about the end of the world every few years and it never happens?
AG, I just want you to know that this is rather stereotypical, and could be taken offensively. I understand what you are saying, but would suggest phrasing it differently in the future ;) Thanks
Der Strom

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
The Christians defy their own bible...

There is a verse, I forget it, but it says only God knows the end date.

Either way, I think it is fictional, but people are entitled to their beliefs. It's nice being free from superstition and worry about the end of the world.

I think organised religion is a bad thing, but private (i.e. personal) religion is not a problem.

Regardless, many, many, many predictions of the end of the world have been made. Although a lot have been based in religion, some have secular backgrounds, e.g. near earth objects. None have occurred yet, which is good I guess!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Tell me about it!

I was in a bar, drinking my face off, thinking the rapture would come and I wouldn't have to pay my bar tab!
Now im out almost $100!

Can I sue? (Just kiddin' magnet18 ;) )

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
The Christians defy their own bible...

There is a verse, I forget it, but it says only God knows the end date.
I believe you are referring to Matthew 24:36.
I am not afraid to say I am a Christian, and I do not believe we will know when the end of the world will come--hence my reply regarding AG's post, saying it is stereotypical. However, I do not wish to turn this into a religious thread. I only want to leave a reminder to respect others beliefs, whether religious or athiest :)
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.