encoders and decoders

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by sai naveen, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sai naveen

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    hi every, my project is on microcontrollers and i am using rlp434a and tlp434a in my project and i heard use ht12e and ht12d in my project so any one could please help why shud i use encoders and decoders inmy project

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The encoder/decoder question is up to the nature of your project. Here is a link to some information - http://www.holtek.com.tw/english/docum/consumer/2_12e.htm.

I suppose it would be handy for a large remote control system with multiple stations to be addressed. Is this the nature of your project?

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Encoders/decoders help avoid interference from noise, if you are using any sort of wireless link. You can do the same thing in software.

John

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    The HOLTEK encoder/decoder devices you have referred to permit you to divide your single RF link into separate subchannels. Each subchannel possesses a unique address. This greatly facilitates the sending of different digital commands to the same receiver. It also makes it possible to have multiple receivers each with its own unique address.

hgmjr