Encoder pulse/count relation with angle of rotation?

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by wongkenji, Apr 26, 2007.

1. wongkenji

Thread Starter Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Hi,

I'm trying to find out what is the relation between the angle of rotation and the number of pulses/counts, i.e. how many pulses/counts gives 2 pi, in an encoder that is in the lab. The model of the encoder is a Control Techniques Unimotor 075C.

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Is there some reason why you cannot either
    1. Contact the manufacturer and get a datasheet which will answer your question.
    2. Hook it up and coun the pulses in 1 revolution

3. wongkenji

Thread Starter Member

Mar 7, 2007
    I've just e-mailed the manufacturer today but was wondering if there's anyone who would know. I tried rotating it with a research student but we weren't really sure how many revolutions or pulses it went.

Oh I just found out how to calculate the angle in radians in the DS1102 hardware reference guide! :p sorry for the troubles, silly me. getting stressed out trying to finish up my report.

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    's alright. I've been lost in a forest before without being able to see a single tree.
    BTW - good for you!

5. av.k10373

Nov 21, 2007
    this angle transmiter(encoder)connected on a weaving machine.its read machine's angle
    0 to 360 digree through a digital display. if encoder is eror the counting display does not showing the decimal display(0to360)in order.needa separate devive for testing this encoder on the table.