Enclosed Socket

jce30

Joined Nov 26, 2012
Im not intelligent at all when it comes to electronics, so i figured i would come here for help. I need a 2.5mm enclosed socket. The only place i've found them is overseas. I dont want to pay $5 for shipping on a $0.25 piece. Anybody know where i could pickup something like this locally? I searched radio shack's website and only found a 3.5mm. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Im not intelligent at all when it comes to electronics, so i figured i would come here for help. I need a 2.5mm enclosed socket. The only place i've found them is overseas. I dont want to pay $5 for shipping on a $0.25 piece. Anybody know where i could pickup something like this locally? I searched radio shack's website and only found a 3.5mm. Thanks for the help!
Local to wherever you are, or to where I am? Since you failed to specify either...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I will assume you mean North Carolina, USA.....

China has parts for much cheaper than the UK in my experience.... try dx.com, they offer free shipping, but it takes a while to get to the US...

Also, electronic goldmine will probably have them and are pretty good with shipping...

These aren't really local, but I have found that the local stores will really jack:rolleyes: up the prices....So, if you can wait a few days, try those websites....

jce30

Joined Nov 26, 2012
Searched both and could not find it. Know of any other places? Its strange that there is only one website that has it. I've also read bad reviews on the website that is selling the part i need, so it makes me skeptical. Anyone buy from futurlec.com?

jce30

Joined Nov 26, 2012
The shipping is ridiculous. Im getting my car tuned, and i dont really want it at the shop for another 4 weeks waiting for that piece.... But i guess things cant always go smoothly.