empowering Power seat of Mercedez Benz

Ganesh Jagtap

Joined Jun 21, 2015
Hello Everybody,
I need help regarding providing power to power seat and steering movement mechanism of Mercedez Benz. Setup consist of front panel and driver seat. It is thus incomplete. There are three motors for Seat and two motors for Steering alignment. I am unable to found out detail specification of motors, all I know is they are 12 Vdc. I am thinking about using H bridges and position switches for limiting motion at every end position.
1) For safety of motors what should I do ?
2) I am thinking about using adapter converter 230 Vac to 12 Vdc@5Amp. But confused about current rating! Will motor get damaged ?
3) Is there any simpler way than H bridge ?

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Seat motors will be able to move at 5A but run current under load can be quite a bit higher (12-16A), stall current is well over 20A. Such motors are not designed for continuous duty and will overheat in a second when stalled.

Ganesh Jagtap

Joined Jun 21, 2015
Thanx for the reply....i have chosen 12V 5 Amp Supply. Can i use the same for steering mechanism. And I am thinking about using end switches for end position detection that will break circuit. Is there other way simpler than this ?