Emotional Model using stateflows form Matlab/Simulink

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by simone4545, Sep 20, 2009.

1. simone4545

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 16, 2009
    I am an Mphil Student at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago - Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science. Presently my studies are in emotional recognition in artificial systems using Matlab Simulink as a simulation tool and PSO Models and how it can be applied to Emotion-Oriented eCommerce Systems.

I have been researching extensively on existing Simulink Control models which are able to simulate the emotions of a user. Such a Model should possess a stated emotional model. However, at this juncture my research is proving futile.

I would like to know if there are actually any Simulink Control Models created in Matlab that can simulate the emotion of a customer or user and how can they be accessed. I do not want to reinvent the wheel if such a project has already been done. The aim is to use an existing simulation to support my findings. This system will be well referenced in the final production of my thesis.

Do you therfore have an emotional model simulated in Simulink and PSO? If this is available for review, can you make the Model available for further analysis?

2. studiot

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 9, 2007
    Welcome Simone and
    Wow that's a topic and a half.
    As a hard boiled old fashioned engineer I'm sorry to say I know absolutely nothing about emotional recognition but I will watch this thread with interest.

3. simone4545

Aug 16, 2009
    Are there then any matlab/simulink programs used for recognizing and simulating happy,sad,joy,nervousness,disgust etc....

Simone

4. simone4545

Aug 16, 2009
    To be a little more detailed, are there then any matlab/simulink stateflow diagrams or programs used for recognizing and simulating happy,sad,joy,nervousness,disgust etc…. I now there are emotion and face recognition programs in matlab. However, I have not seen any stateflows diagrams that would represent such a simulation. Are there any?