Emitter bias feedback with REE?

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
okay, thanks Ron_H

its weird though, when I measured other circuits, *I think* that I didn't have this problem... Ic was always slightly lower than Ie!!!

thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

r

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
okay, thanks Ron_H

its weird though, when I measured other circuits, *I think* that I didn't have this problem... Ic was always slightly lower than Ie!!!

thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

r
If the emitter resistor was considerably larger in value, the meter resistance would have been insignificant.

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
If the emitter resistor was considerably larger in value, the meter resistance would have been insignificant.
Your are saying this in reference to this attachment ... right?
See attachment diagram of *this* post below!

Attachments

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Your are saying this in reference to this attachment ... right?
See attachment diagram of *this* post below!
Yes, that's correct.
For example, if your meter's internal current sampling resistor is 1Ω, and RE is 5Ω, then, of course, the REAL value of RE is 6Ω.
If RE were 1kΩ, then the meter would raise the real value of RE to 1001Ω. This would only change the current by 0.1%, so the collector current would be lower than IE, with or without the meter resistance. I don't know if you actually ran any tests with higher values of RE.

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Yes, that's correct.
For example, if your meter's internal current sampling resistor is 1Ω, and RE is 5Ω, then, of course, the REAL value of RE is 6Ω.
If RE were 1kΩ, then the meter would raise the real value of RE to 1001Ω. This would only change the current by 0.1%, so the collector current would be lower than IE, with or without the meter resistance. I don't know if you actually ran any tests with higher values of RE.
I haven't done any tests with higher RE, but I now understand your
Point.

Thanks for your help
R