EMF Detector

Razor Concepts

Joined Oct 7, 2008
So I want to make this EMF detector, and I need to build the coil. How should I go about determining how many winds and what diameter? I have insulated 24awg magnet wire I will use.

Also, will some kind of metal core help in the readings? Thanks!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You're hijacking your own topic!
Your EMF detector needs a new thread. Otherwise, things will get confused really quickly.

VentersR

Joined Dec 15, 2013
You're hijacking your own topic!
Your EMF detector needs a new thread. Otherwise, things will get confused really quickly.
whom ever you are that is wearing a fake uniform is so disrespectful when others are trying to ask for information. You need to be removed. Some people would like real answers and not be disrespected. I am new to this site and the first impression I got was of this person being rude. If you can not answer with respect then leave it alone so others can help. SGT. Wooki you need to be removed from being an expert. I am married to a General in the US Army and he does not disrespect people like that. I am a biomedical equipment repair tech and am sad to see another tec ack like this.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
ANY coil can be used to pick up radiated emf. The efficiency will depend on the coil dimensions relative to the frequency of interest.