Embedded porting

sai454

Joined May 2, 2014
Hi,
I'm a newbie to the porting field of embedded systems, so can anyone please help me by guiding on the issue " how to port a scheduler on to a board like TMS320C6678". I've a simple scheduler already given by my prof.

Thanks to everyone who are thinking & thinking to help on this Q in advance

:)

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Get ide for TMS. Load the code into ide, build it. If you get errors, then you need to fix it, this is called porting. If you don't get errors, you load the program to TMS.

sai454

Joined May 2, 2014
Hi shteii01,
thanks for the reply. the ide i'm using is ccs v5 (code composer studio), what i exactly want to know is i a scheduler with me how to make it run on 6678 board.

I know the process of building and flashing the code in to the board, what i'm asking is how to port the program i've to the board. Thanks in advance

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hi shteii01,
thanks for the reply. the ide i'm using is ccs v5 (code composer studio), what i exactly want to know is i a scheduler with me how to make it run on 6678 board.

I know the process of building and flashing the code in to the board, what i'm asking is how to port the program i've to the board. Thanks in advance
You have two choices:

Choice 1.
Write a program from scratch. This way the program is written for 6678 from the start. No porting required.

Choice 2.
Take existing program and rewrite it to work on 6678. This is called porting.