Embedded Microcontroller for Automotive Application

lforums511

Joined Jun 9, 2009
Hello All,

I am searching for embedded microcontroller.To our upcoming project, we need one embedded microcontroller for automotive applications.

To find out the various embedded microcontrollers in market, I have selected few microcontroller manufacturers list. Microcontrollers provided by most of these manufacturers are not suitable for our applications.

Can any one please tell me the list of microcontroller manufacturers ?

Can you please suggest any microcontroller for automotive applications and compatible to use in Linux environment and which is available along with evaluation kit ?

Thanks a lot

Can you list which manufacturers that do not match your specifications?
What are the specifications that you are looking for?
It might help someone to point you in the right direction...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If you simply want a listing of microcontroller manufacturers, Google is a great resource.

Specific information might get some useful responses.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
The two leading companies which manufacture microcontrollers are Microchip and Atmel. I suggest you choose one of them.

lforums511

Joined Jun 9, 2009
Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. Along with this reply I have attached the file which shows our requirements about microcontroller.

I already searched in Google. I got the following list in which only few of them were helpful. More than this link I could not find any thing from Google.

You can find manufacturers list from the following link. In this list not all of them are manufacturers of microcontroller

http://www.interfacebus.com/Controllers.html

Till now I could find few products from Freescale, Texas and from NXP. Some other companies have products with the features we want but most of them have less CPU speed.

Thank you

Attachments

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Unless you can loosen your specs to accept a lower performance you will probably need to go to a full blown micro-processor system rather than a micro-controller.