Embedded Magazines

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by KansaiRobot, Oct 8, 2013.

1. KansaiRobot

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 15, 2010
    No, I am not talking about magazines embedded on a microcontroller:D

What I mean is , do u people know of some magazines in english talking about topics of embedded system.

I once found one but the type of problems they dealt were kind of High performance business enterprise level kind of.

Here (in Japan) we have a magazine called "Interface" (in japanese) and I like it a lot. The type of topics they treat are rather entertaining. For example this month is "All about Linux on ARM" and they gave a rather complete (japanese like) explanation of how to run (and even buy) linux on one board based on ARM cortex A9 (for 85 dollars I find it quite reasonable).

Previous editions discussed how to implement NFC, or Cloud related topics, or Image processing, etc.

I am wondering if something like that can be found in english. Links or pointers will be breatly appreciated

Kansai

2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    There (sadly) was one magazine here in the states, and the best thing is it was free.

It does live on as an online mag at www.embedded.com.

3. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Based on your description and my limited knowledge on those subjects, Circuit Cellar sounds like it might be of interest to you.

4. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    See also "Nuts And Volts"

5. ftsolutions

Nov 21, 2009
    I too was sad to see Embedded Systems magazine become the mere shadow of what it once was, but there are still some good features on the embedded.com website.

+1 vote for "Nuts and Volts" - it is really more of a hobbyist magazine than an engineering one, but they do have a good variety of small analog and digital proejcts, and microcontroller related ones - including several recent articles on Raspberry pi platform.

Though it is obviously oriented toward hobbyist robot building, another one of possible interest to you is "Robot" magazine.

6. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Elektor magazine from Europe has a lot of projects using micros etc.