Embedded Magazines

KansaiRobot

Joined Jan 15, 2010
No, I am not talking about magazines embedded on a microcontroller:D

What I mean is , do u people know of some magazines in english talking about topics of embedded system.

I once found one but the type of problems they dealt were kind of High performance business enterprise level kind of.

Here (in Japan) we have a magazine called "Interface" (in japanese) and I like it a lot. The type of topics they treat are rather entertaining. For example this month is "All about Linux on ARM" and they gave a rather complete (japanese like) explanation of how to run (and even buy) linux on one board based on ARM cortex A9 (for 85 dollars I find it quite reasonable).

Previous editions discussed how to implement NFC, or Cloud related topics, or Image processing, etc.

I am wondering if something like that can be found in english. Links or pointers will be breatly appreciated

Kansai

ftsolutions

Joined Nov 21, 2009
I too was sad to see Embedded Systems magazine become the mere shadow of what it once was, but there are still some good features on the embedded.com website.

+1 vote for "Nuts and Volts" - it is really more of a hobbyist magazine than an engineering one, but they do have a good variety of small analog and digital proejcts, and microcontroller related ones - including several recent articles on Raspberry pi platform.

Though it is obviously oriented toward hobbyist robot building, another one of possible interest to you is "Robot" magazine.