embedded c alternative

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ugeshkumar, Mar 29, 2016.

1. ugeshkumar

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 27, 2015
    hi friends
    i need some guidance, i new to learn embedded, any other alternative method for doing embedded programming, because i cannot able to learn embedded c, or otherwise alternative software available to generate embedded c programs ,easily to convert logic flow chart to programs like l(ab-view )etc
    please share.

2. mcasale

Jul 18, 2011
    Are you asking if there's an alternative to C for an embedded system? Please be more specific.

3. ugeshkumar

Nov 27, 2015

without writing programming any other methods, @mcasale

4. mcasale

Jul 18, 2011
    So, you want something at a high level (not assembly code), but not have to generate lines of [any type of] code.

Have you considered a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)? There is some programming involved, but it is based in "logic decisions", not a programming language, per se. Here is an introduction to PLCs:
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Introductory_PLC_Programming

Note: the PLC solution will most likely be more expensive.

Can you share what your project is? You really shouldn't be afraid of C code.

5. dannyf

Sep 13, 2015
    Lots of such tools. Ladder logic is one. And the latest psoc from cypress is programmed fully graphically......

6. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Google something called "Flowcode." I have never used it but have seen some who have. It seems to be something exactly like what you are looking for.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  7. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    For what purpose do you want this alternative method of doing embedded programming? Maybe you could use Swift.

8. ugeshkumar

Nov 27, 2015
    Why I want to go alternative methods because I don't know embedded c program so I looking some another methodes

9. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Some systems use alternative programming languages and methods. I'm not an Arduino user, so I'm speaking out of school, but it uses an, as I understand, simpler and easier to learn programming language.