Elevator Project Help

Raphayakawa

Joined Aug 28, 2013
Hello, need help with my elevator project. basically, I have 4 inputs,
A(4th floor),B(3rd),C(2nd),D(1st). These are the switches inside the elevator. what i need to do is to simulate a person operating inside an elevator.

States: Output:
00 -1st floor "0"
01 -2nd Floor "1"
10 -3rd floor "2"
11 -4th floor "3"

I already could show counting from 0->1, 0->1->2 and 0->1->2->3.

What I need to know if how I could save the next input to store it in the
7 segment display.

For example, Im in 1st floor, i decided to press second floor therefore output shows 2nd floor and holds the value.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What is the nature of your control technology? PLC? Relay? Descrete Logic? MicroChip?
Presumably you may also want the number to cancel when arrived at the floor?
A small PLC or a Smart Relay would do it easily.
Max.

Raphayakawa

Joined Aug 28, 2013
Im doing this currently using 2 D flip flops with 4 switches.

I got it running but only starting from zero.

How exactly do you cancel when you arrive in the floor?

P.s. how do you attach a multisim file?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Presumably you are interfacing with L.S.'s that are in place for floor reached detection?
Or is this a start from scratch, elevator control project?
For total design of anything other than a freight elevator there are also safety requirements in place for personnel elevators that have to be observed.
Or is this a just a display add-on for an existing/working elevator, rather than any control of the elevator itself?
Max.

Raphayakawa

Joined Aug 28, 2013
Actually, im just making a circuit simulation of an elevator that has 4 levels, This is only limited to simulate a person inside the elevator to he wants to go. Ex. if I want to go to 3rd floor starting from the ground basically, I will set the switch to 1 (0100) "3" switch so it would count up to 3(0->1->2). Now if I want to go back to the ground floor, I would turn on the 1st floor switch(0001).

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Like I say, it depends on how fancy you want to go, Do you intend to include the command logic for the elevator? i.e. to set up a coincidence detection somehow when the elevator is commanded that it has reached its destined floor?
You could start out with Decimal to BCD to 7 segment display logic.
http://technosains.com/Decimal%20to%20BCD%20Encoder.htm
Is this a school project?
Max.

Last edited: