Element Monitor

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hi

I am wanting to find out if there is a way to monitor if an element is burnt out. I want to be able to be able to be told as soon as it burns out.

I have a GSM module that could send me a SMS but now need an Idea how to know when the element has a break in it.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
No idea what this "element" is (light bulb? heater?)
But you could also monitor whatever process its "doing" (maybe a temp sensor,etc...) without having to monitor the current into the element itself..

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
The element is for water heating. I am trying to find out when the element is burnt out.

I thought there would be a way of possibly monitoring the current through the element when it has power applied. If no current is being drawn I can get an out put to a relay or something similar. then It would be able to use that out put through my GSM module to send me an SMS.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
The element is for water heating. I am trying to find out when the element is burnt out.

I thought there would be a way of possibly monitoring the current through the element when it has power applied. If no current is being drawn I can get an out put to a relay or something similar. then It would be able to use that out put through my GSM module to send me an SMS.
Measure water temperature as function of switch on time and environmental temperature.