Electronics

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by kis, Nov 19, 2014.

1. kis

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Dear friends,
    i am trying to make circuit that should make the light on for 6hours and then it should off the light. This process should repeat for every 24 hours... i dont know which type of controller i used choose for this project or any other option is there to make this circuit without microcontrollers...
    thanks in advance :)

2. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    yes use a plug in timer, 24 hr mechanical or digital type from any electrical store.

3. kis

Nov 17, 2014
    can you please send any circuit for my project

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You can buy a full-featured and safe one for less than $5. Why would you build one?

5. kis

Nov 17, 2014
    To get some knowldge

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Well, one piece of knowledge for this particular project would be that a micro controller would make it easier. The typical 555 timer circuit is more complicated when long times are required. You can work with that, but the other problem is precision. A 555-based timer will not do well in timing compared to a quartz clock, or even to a mechanical clock.

What timing precision would you like to achieve?

7. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    How do you wish to power ckt.? Can you build a ckt. similar to " simple LED with delayed start" by miha_s

8. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    This circuit turns on a drip watering system for half an hour every 24.055 hours, using a 32768 watch crystal for the timebase. It might be a good start for your project. You can make the "on" time longer by "nanding" later stages in the CD4040 ripple counters.

[​IMG]

The details of the project are at
    http://www.cappels.org/dproj/garden_timer/Garden_timer.html