Electronics Storage ??

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I need some help cause I tired of my electronics being all over the place in my closet .. My work space is my kitchen table and has to be cleaned off each time I am done .. So I am looking for a cheap way to store my parts and tools in some kind of tote that will be easy to access and will fit into a small closet and won't kill me on cost ???
Any ideas will help..

Thanks
Jay Sr

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
When I first started out I used these clear plastic organizer boxes that have dividers. I still have a few of them today, which makes them 30 plus years old.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Well anyway... I have just finished my starage needs FINALLY. Similar situation, I need to make it all go away as soon as the boss (wife) tells me to.

I love Sterilite boxes, the "bamboo" ones available only from Walmart. The covers lock, and the bases nest into other boxes of same or larger size. I use the small and medium size ones. For larger project boxes (sonethin like 9 by 11) I get them from Target as the Walmosr ones don't have that size.

Everything gets dumped nicely into a Sterilite mini crate. It was like it was made to hold these boxes 3 deep, and the crates nest into each other so you can stack them witout worrying they will fall.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Well anyway... I have just finished my starage needs FINALLY. Similar situation, I need to make it all go away as soon as the boss (wife) tells me to.

I love Sterilite boxes, the "bamboo" ones available only from Walmart. The covers lock, and the bases nest into other boxes of same or larger size. I use the small and medium size ones. For larger project boxes (sonethin like 9 by 11) I get them from Target as the Walmosr ones don't have that size.

Everything gets dumped nicely into a Sterilite mini crate. It was like it was made to hold these boxes 3 deep, and the crates nest into each other so you can stack them witout worrying they will fall.
Can I see pics ?? I am thinking of getting little bags for my resistors and other parts and the stack them in sterl boxes which I can at a dollar store.. But I need to fit them all in a large tote.. I am really trying to keep this cheap but easily accessible.. I also have 2 milk crates filled with wires and walwarts which I need to decide what goes and what stays.. Any other great ideas guys??

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I need some help cause I tired of my electronics being all over the place in my closet .. My work space is my kitchen table and has to be cleaned off each time I am done .. So I am looking for a cheap way to store my parts and tools in some kind of tote that will be easy to access and will fit into a small closet and won't kill me on cost ???
Any ideas will help..

Thanks
Jay Sr
Let's see, you are asking for a system that...
- keeps your hobby contained in a defined container
- all parts in that container should be easily accessible
- cheap
- keeps wife happy

This type of device defies physics as much as any over unity device - I bet the mods close this thread soon.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Are you kidding, I'm watching this with great interest. I have my own solution that I will make (someday). A pigonhole nest for banker boxes. The idea is to be able to access each banker box without digging.

I've attached my proposed storage list as it stands.

Here is a rough idea what it might look like.

Thing is, I'm always open to ideas.

Attachments