electronics question

Marah

Joined Apr 14, 2012
hello , i have a home work in electronics and i cant answer this question :

Draw the basic configurations of the op-amp and write expression for the gain in each case

thanks you :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You can't even come up with one? Not one? If I were to ask you to draw the simplest op amp circuit you could think of, could you come up with something and tell me the gain?

This question sounds like it is going to be somewhat specific to how your course was presented, since there is no hard fast rule of what a "basic configuration" of an op amp is. In fact, there are only three opamp circuits that come to mind as being ones that I would expect to be in any course and described as "basic" configurations. I can think of others that I would expect to see in most courses, but I don't know whether they would be described as being "basic" configurations, or not. Go back through your course notes or the text to see which op amp circuits are presented as being basic or foundational.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Those are the three I was thinking of!

Actually, I guess I could say a fourth, namely oo (infinity). But I don't know that I would classify that as a basic configuration if I were teaching the course. It's certainly simple, but it is nonlinear and this strikes me as a problem from a linear circuits course.