Electronics Programmable Chip

obdshawn

Joined Oct 20, 2014
what I need is a programmable chip, which sends out digital pules (on,off), so as to allow me to create a random die display, the reason I need to know is because if I simply try to connect the decoded decade to the display, wire run over each other and cancel each other out, where as if I had a programmable chip, when say, a current is put though pin 1, a current is put though the output of pin 2 and 3 to make a 1 on the display

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to the forum.
We don't have a crystal ball, so without a schematic it's difficult to make sense of your post.
A microcontroller could be programmed to do what you want.

Edit: And tell your avatar that smoking isn't cool, it's a health hazard ;)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
What was create a random die display?
What were that the wire run over each other and cancel each other out?
What were that a current is put though pin 1, a current is put though the output of pin 2 and 3 to make a 1 on the display?
Is that my comprehension is not enough?
Confusing ... :(

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No deterministic process is capable of creating a truly random display. What we can do is create a suitably long sequence of numbers constituting a pseudo-random sequence. You can choose the length of the sequence but it will repeat itself after a finite amount of time. Will this be good enough for your purposes or do we need to dig deeper and create a truly random sequence from a natural phenomena such as radioactive decay?

I'm also put off by the cigarette in the avatar.