electronics books

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by narasimhan, Dec 3, 2009.

1. narasimhan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 3, 2009
    hi this is my first post here.
    which is the best books for electronic devices, analog circuits and electromagnetics.
    these are the three subjects that i literally didn't study(forgot everything that i learnt in college).
    so please suggest easy to understand and interesting books
    i have microelectronics circuits sedra smith but its a bit tough and uninteresting(for me).
    thanks in advance.

2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Not sure of your level of expertise but I have a rough time learning the little that I've learned. One book I stumbled upon and have really enjoyed is Electric Engineering 101 http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9458
    . This book really filled in a lot of the gaps. I also recomend the All about Circuits book they have here. I've also enjoyed most everything I've read by Newnes press.

3. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill always needs to be in this type of list...

4. narasimhan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 3, 2009
    thanks for the suggestions i'll try The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill. heard that its a good book.
    Electric Engineering 101 is suitable for hobbyists as it contains very basic facts. anyway i'll also try it out.

any more suggestions. what about electromagnetics.

5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Classical Electrodynamics by John David Jackson :D - those who know the book will appreciate the smilie!

Seriously, I would recommend Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway and Beichner. Good engineering approach to physics.

Dave

6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Yah its pretty simple, but thats what makes it so great. I flipped through The Art of Electronics and all the graphs and numbers gave me a headache by page 5. :) So I don't think I'm quite ready to give that a whirl yet. I've basically just been reading EE 101 , the AAC books, and uC specific books and datasheets.