electronics aka circuit schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Lightfire, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello,

How I can create circuit schematic EASILY or is there any program that creates schematic. I mean just click and click and DONE!

Thanks!!

2. rapidcoder

Jan 16, 2011
    I doubt there is something really EASY. Most of the EDA software has GUIs like in early 90s (think: Win 3.1. or Windows 95), they are complex, and especially the free ones are quite clumsy and unintuitive to use. The programmers of this software tend to think their users are also programmers.

Free ones: LTSpice, XCircuit, gEDA, kiCAD
    Commercial ones: TopSpice, MultiSim, Altio Designer, EAGLE.

If you try hard enough, you can get used to.

3. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    If you have not done this before, you should try a simulation package. The schematic entry facility is useful in itself, but a simulator can really help to show how circuits work.

Simulators are not perfect, and there are certainly some traps for novices, like leading them to design circuits needing impossible component values. That said, I think simulators are still very much worth having.

One of the freebies could be a big help, once you got the hang of using it. LTSpice is not all that bad, I think.

4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    I draw schematics and modify others with Microsoft Paint program. Straight lines are made with the SHIFT key down and all the parts and sub-circuits are copied and pasted from other schematics and from datasheets.

5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Do you want to:

Simulate a circuit that you or someone else designed?

If so LT Spice is free and very detailed but not real user friendly. If you want something free and very easy to use then look at Yenka but I am not sure how good it is for real world design. It is built for the classroom and is actually a very nice program.

Draw a circuit that you designed?

If so, Look at ExpressPCB. It is very easy to learn.

Tell the software what you want and it designs the circuit for you?

Not sure it exists. :) At least not for free.

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I agree with learning the simulator package (they are called SPICE packages), though I've never learned one. It allows you to test circuits without ever having built them. Makes trying ideas out a heck of a lot cheaper.

There are no easy routes to making a PCB. The really advanced packages, such as Eagle, are hard to learn. The easier to use packages, such as ExpressPCB, are not easy at best.

The good news is their are free crippled versions for all of them. Crippled means they have features removed, mostly dealing with size of the boards or circuits, but they are still very usable and functional. If you need recommendations where to download the free packages just ask.

The AAC book uses SPICE models throughout for various circuits.

SPICE = (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis)

7. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If the circuit is not too large, pencil on paper works very well.