Electronic Tape 4xAAA convert.

maverick28

Joined Sep 2, 2013
Alright well i set it up again and it was the same result as last time. i press the button and nothing happens.

For people that are new to reading this. Im trying to build a circuit where i can click a switch and run a motor for X amount of time before in turns off in-defiantly. We are using this schematic

Schematic.png

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you disconnect the timer output and instead put 0V or 5V onto the 1K gate resistor, does the motor turn on/off?

Divide and conquer. You want to step through and find out what's not working.

maverick28

Joined Sep 2, 2013
Okay well here's something interesting.

I set up the circuit again and this time did the second one with the PNP transistor with my N-Channel MOSFET.

It did not fail to let me down, and gave me no results. Hooray.

So i thought i would throw the P channel MOSFET in instead to see if there was any difference.! (still on the second schematic) And the motor worked (as soon as power supply was connected) now if press the button the RPM's increase for about 4 seconds and then go back to normal.

So what is going on? do i need a new N-channel?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That confuses me. Just do the simple test I suggested - disconnect the timer output so you can replace it with a manual touch to ground or +5V to see if your switch is working. There's no point to complicate things with the timer until you know the switch works.