Electronic Stethoscope

maya_106

Joined Dec 19, 2010
i'm a final year student and was trying to design and develop the electronic stethoscope.the point is, i need to design the electronic stethoscope that have the high pass filter and low pass filter which allows the high freq and low freq...can anyone help me to design it?????

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The lowpass filter is set to about 103Hz to hear heart beats but block noises in the room from people talking etc.
The frequency is switched to 1kHz to hear respiratory sounds and can also be used by mechanics to hear car engine sounds.

It is an extremely simple circuit. It is used by doctors in 3rd-world countries.
I made the electronic stethoscope and heard my heartbeats. Boom-boom, boom-boom, boom-boom. It sounds similar to the heartbeat sounds at the beginning of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOth-BuCNY&feature=fvw

I recently had an echocardiogram test using ultrasound. It produced a detailed video of my heart beating and sounds of the heartbeats and blood flowing. It did not pickup sounds in the room and did not produce acoustical feedback howling that occurs with the electronic stethoscope sometimes.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
What's your EF? Three new arterial replacements and a valve fix got me back up above 40%.
I am glad to hear that you also survived.

I had a pretty bad heart attack nearly 2 years ago.
Two of my heart arteries were fixed with stents in an angioplasty operation that was done soon enough that there is no damage to my heart. The hospital gave me an excercise program for 6 months that made me as strong as a much younger guy.
I don't eat cholesterol (Kentucky fried chicken, hamburgers and ice cream) anymore.

Now my heart occasionally skips a beat then adds a beat but my cardiologist doesn't know why and says it is common.