electronic load bank doubts

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by muthuaiyan, Aug 8, 2014.

1. muthuaiyan

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Dear friends,

i am doing Electronic load project and we have done using this paper(dynamic load document).(i.e constant current)

we had done hardware design and getting variable voltage and constant current in the RPS(regulated power supply) but when we check it out with the solar panel (or) battery we con't get the same result(constant current and variable volltage) and i am getting both current and voltage varying,why?"

LINK:

http://www.n7yg.com/load/dynamic_load.pdf

-----NOBODY YET SOLVED THIS DOUBT,ANY SOLUTIONS----

COMPONENTS USED:
    IRFP150N-MOSFET
    LM10CH-OPAMP

so clarify I have attached the link

2. muthuaiyan

Aug 4, 2014
    Dear friends,

i am doing Electronic load project and we have done using this paper(dynamic load document).(i.e constant current)

we had done hardware design and getting variable voltage and constant current in the RPS(regulated power supply) but when we check it out with the solar panel (or) battery we con't get the same result(constant current and variable volltage) and i am getting both current and voltage varying,why?"

LINK:

http://www.n7yg.com/load/dynamic_load.pdf

-----NOBODY YET SOLVED THIS DOUBT,ANY SOLUTIONS----

COMPONENTS USED:
    IRFP150N-MOSFET
    LM10CH-OPAMP

so clarify I have attached the link

3. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    because a power supply set for constant current will vary its output voltage to maintain the constant current. with a power supply, you have a choice of regulating voltage or current.

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    The load is probably too great for the source (the PV panel or battery), and the voltage is collapsing along with the current. Try reducing the load current by 10X and see if it improves.

5. muthuaiyan

Aug 4, 2014
    Hii wayneh,

at what range of load is suitable for circuit friend??

6. muthuaiyan

Aug 4, 2014
    hii alfclif

i con't understand your statement..:confused:

7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    We cannot tell without much more detail about the power source. That's why I suggested reducing the load (raising the resistance) by 10X. If that helps, you know you have found the problem and are well on your way to a solution.

8. muthuaiyan

Aug 4, 2014
    Hii wayneh,
    can i do decrease the duty under load is about 200milli amps with 5v??

9. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    power supplies, batteries, and solar panels have different internal resistance. a battery is capable of lots of current, a power supply is capable of what it was designed for, and solar panels voltage drops with the more current you pull.