Electronic Expert

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, Jun 24, 2008.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    There was a post about asking advise for starting a career in electronic;s.
    Why don't you guy's and girl's jump in with what your day like,and if you happy at what you do. Any perk's like gym,lounge,maybe we can get global view.We have a few member's that love their work benche's.
    We have a few that really speak there mind and debate a post
    if they disagree.So tell the young guy your working style.Like 4 day
    a week,if you are on something important.How high on the latter to
    your goal's.Are you allowed to work independant,do you have a
    company of your own.What do you guy's do beside's electronic's
    and math. BE NICE,ENJOY LOOSEWIRE-Hanging by a thread

2. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    I spent most of today crawling around under desks. At least I wasn't baning my hard-hat on all manner of obstructions above the ceiling as happened yesterday. The rest of today was spent training my apprentice about telephone switches, cross-connects, and what the word "all" really means. Yesterday's training included the difference between "left" and "right." Training apprentices can be like that some days.

3. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I used to work in Aerospace and we had an on-site gym and private-members club. Then I worked in semiconductors and we had subsidised consumer products and food. Now the only thing we get is hassle!

I couldn't tell you what an average days entails - its a combination of computer work, building stuff, breaking stuff, and meetings, generally. Occasionally I go to conferences, do presentations in industry, and do technical demonstrations.

Dave

4. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Dave,you have been KNIGHTED on this site,what next.