Electronic dice

djstar

Joined Jan 26, 2008
hi, im trying to find a circuit diagram of a dice ,on the internet that uses a 7segment led as the display, all i can find is circuits that have 5 leds as the spots of the dice. any help would be truely apreciated

djstar

Joined Jan 26, 2008
thanks for the very quick reply bertus, i have managed to find a few circuits that uses leds as the display but what im actually after is a circuit that uses a 7 segment led rather the 5 seperate leds.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
thanks for the very quick reply bertus, i have managed to find a few circuits that uses leds as the display but what im actually after is a circuit that uses a 7 segment led rather the 5 seperate leds.

Consider that you can make very simple conversion logic between the 4 logic outputs to remap the new pattern on the 7 segment display leds. For example use a simple PAL 22V10. I'm sure there are some simplifications you can make due to the patterns.

Last edited:

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I think these three IC's will do what you want: 555 clock, gated with NC SW, 4518 counter, 4511, BCD[ or binary up to 7]- to- 7 seg, latch, decode, driver for common cathode LED 7 seg. disp.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
555 will free run as long as push button NC SW is pressed. Counter counts to7 and resets giving a continuous cycling from 1 -6, when clock stops last random number is held & displayed on 7 seg. LED ,common cathode display. LED current limiting resistor based on 2.5V, 20 mA LED,& 9 V supply.

Attachments