Electromagnetic Project

Kalcorp

Joined Aug 15, 2014
Hi there, I joined this forum in order to get some help creating an electrical system to run my electromagnet the way I want them to run. They run off of 12 volts, and I want a pedal that controls how many volts that they are getting based on how far down I am pressing the pedal, 0-12 volts. Potentiometer? from reading it seems I might need a dc control unit? Let's say I am pressing the pedal fully, then all 8 of my electromagnet would be receiving 12 volts. However, I want them to "pulse" in order, meaning one turns on for a second then the other then the other and so on repeating. And the farther I press the pedal down the more volts the electromagnet get and the faster they pulse in their order. I am very new to all of this electrical equipment so I really need some help here guys!! Thank you! ! :)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What is the relationship between the pulse rate and the voltage (pulses/sec vs. voltage)? You say it starts at 1 per second and then increases. So what would be the maximum pulses per second?