Electromagnetic Project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Kalcorp, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Kalcorp

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Hi there, I joined this forum in order to get some help creating an electrical system to run my electromagnet the way I want them to run. They run off of 12 volts, and I want a pedal that controls how many volts that they are getting based on how far down I am pressing the pedal, 0-12 volts. Potentiometer? from reading it seems I might need a dc control unit? Let's say I am pressing the pedal fully, then all 8 of my electromagnet would be receiving 12 volts. However, I want them to "pulse" in order, meaning one turns on for a second then the other then the other and so on repeating. And the farther I press the pedal down the more volts the electromagnet get and the faster they pulse in their order. I am very new to all of this electrical equipment so I really need some help here guys!! Thank you! ! :)
  2. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    What is the relationship between the pulse rate and the voltage (pulses/sec vs. voltage)? You say it starts at 1 per second and then increases. So what would be the maximum pulses per second?
  3. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    it is moer practical to keep the rate constant and only change duty cycle