Electroluminescen Power Supply Customize

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ramzh, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ramzh

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi All,

Hope, i have get some idea from this thread !!

Question :
    I have a power supply which its used for power up the Electroluminescen Light its simply called Light Tape.

Input Ratings are :

1. Input Voltage 240v
    2. Input Current 0.70 Amps
    3. Input Frequency 50 to 60 Hzs

Output Ratings are :

1.Output Voltage 200 to 300 vac
    2.Output Frequency 500 to 800 hzs

The power supply has option to blink the light its default . I wanna customize that blinking time delay . Looking for help !!!

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    No one can help without much more detail about the blinking function of your supply. Is it meant to be adjusted? Are you hoping to hack it to perform as you wish? If so, a schematic and/or photograph would be necessary.

I'll warn you in advance, this project might later be considered dangerous and this thread closed.

3. ramzh

Jul 29, 2013
  4. ramzh

Jul 29, 2013
    I am trying to figure out a way to CUSTOMIZE the lighting and not HACK the product. Whatever I am trying to do is OUTSIDE of the circuitry that is provided with the product.

Please let me know if you need further details.

The normal blinking function makes the light glow for 1 sec and then off for 1 sec. I just want to be able to control and make it glow at different intervals.

Thanks

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    There are a couple interesting signs, but no certain answer to your question. You'll need to talk to the manufacturer.

The documentation mentions that the lights can be dimmed. It does not say how quickly this can be done, and you couldn't do it without hacking that brightness knob.

It also says
    "To optimize the illumination versus lifetime balance, it is important to consider the ambient light of your venue. The appropriate illumination effect should be determined on a per application basis. We can preset power supplies or adjustments can be made on-site to match customer requirements."
    To me that sounds like the blinking rate could be controlled by an internal adjustment.

6. ramzh

Jul 29, 2013
    Is this anyway to control the output of the power supply .

What am asking is .. Is this any way to add another component to adjust the output of the power and make it as blinking i went .

7. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    A solid state relay might work. I don't know for sure it one designed for 50/60Hz would work at 800Hz or not.

Bob