Electrodermal Device- Wanted!

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Electrodermal Device

WANTED- looking for a innovative technician / scientist with expertise in developing /working with electro dermal or similar frequency change based technology to measure a person’s reaction to a particular substance. We are seeking to develop an innovative new device which we believe would have significant market appeal.
Any contacts leads or expressions of interest would be greatly appreciated.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What evidence do you have that such a device would have any market appeal whatsoever. I have some experience in product marketing and development and this sounds like a harebrained scheme if ever there was one. Probably in the same category as brown-gas, overunity, or cold fusion. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
The least of our problems would be market appeal. The device as planned would have enormous market appeal ... the issue we have is finding a very open minded skilfull and innovative thinker to create a prototype device. Thank you for your comment.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
So, you have two handholds or finger clips or wrist bands or whatever, and skin resistance/impedance is part of an oscillator circuit, and when the substance is applied/smelled/ingested, the oscillator changes a lot/a little/up/down/not at all. Display, a couple of buttons, a case, and a battery. Anything else?

Where are you located?

ak

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What evidence do you have that such a device would have any market appeal whatsoever. I have some experience in product marketing and development and this sounds like a harebrained scheme if ever there was one. Probably in the same category as brown-gas, overunity, or cold fusion. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Don't be such a pessimist. This might be as hare brained as a Hula-Hoop or a Pet Rock. :p
Besides, who needs to prove he has a profitable idea to hire a circuit designer?

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Thanks guys im from Australia and in a sense we just need someone to work with who is prepared to have a go.... If it works the idea will be awesome.

AK you got it in a nutshell !

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Papabravo thanks for your reply - any leads on a circuit designer prepared to be involved in developing a working prototype would be appreciated.
Ak- we are looking for a prototype first that generates the level of sensitivity required and the last thing would be to pretty it up - but it would be awesome to get a prototype

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Do you have any evidence that exposure to particular substances has any dermal effect which correlates uniquely with such exposure? Skin resistance, for example, varies widely among individuals and changes in it can be caused by several factors, so its reliability as an indicator of exposure to a particular substance would be doubtful.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Let me ask the same question a little differently. Does it matter what is going on in the subject's skin, or is this really about making a show? I mean, do you intend to actually measure something (what?), or just "pretend" for fun?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Papabravo thanks for your reply - any leads on a circuit designer prepared to be involved in developing a working prototype would be appreciated.
Ak- we are looking for a prototype first that generates the level of sensitivity required and the last thing would be to pretty it up - but it would be awesome to get a prototype
The decade long history of people trying to hire people to help them with circuit design has been an abysmal failure. To my knowledge there has not been a single case of somebody doing a design for someone else and getting paid where both parties were in the same country, let alone a continent apart.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The decade long history of people trying to hire people to help them with circuit design has been an abysmal failure. To my knowledge there has not been a single case of somebody doing a design for someone else and getting paid where both parties were in the same country, let alone a continent apart.
Unless I completely misunderstand your post, I think you are off by approximately 100 years. Putting aside the millions of engineers and technicians worldwide who are paid to do circuit design as part of their day job (something your statement does not exclude), and narrowing the focus to a consultant-type arrangement, I've been doing that, full and part time, since the 70's, as have maybe 25% of the circuit designers I know personally. Granted, verifying someone's capabilities over the internet is more difficult than with a traditional face-to-face interview. For example, I don't have a website with previous projects displayed, and I know this has held back some potential clients. Still, there is a lot of very well documented talent out there.

ak

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Electrodermal Device

WANTED- looking for a innovative technician / scientist with expertise in developing /working with electro dermal or similar frequency change based technology to measure a person’s reaction to a particular substance. We are seeking to develop an innovative new device which we believe would have significant market appeal.
Any contacts leads or expressions of interest would be greatly appreciated.
Why on earth should we develop your product for you and send you off to a lucrative market place with all our hard work?!!!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Unless I completely misunderstand your post, I think you are off by approximately 100 years. Putting aside the millions of engineers and technicians worldwide who are paid to do circuit design as part of their day job (something your statement does not exclude), and narrowing the focus to a consultant-type arrangement, I've been doing that, full and part time, since the 70's, as have maybe 25% of the circuit designers I know personally. Granted, verifying someone's capabilities over the internet is more difficult than with a traditional face-to-face interview. For example, I don't have a website with previous projects displayed, and I know this has held back some potential clients. Still, there is a lot of very well documented talent out there.

ak
I spent many years in the consulting business, and never once had to use the internet to solicit work. What I meant was specifically using this forum for the purpose of soliciting someone to work for hire. Not one of the solicitors has come back with a success story. In the most common case the solicitor is either unwilling or unable to pay the practitioner anything approaching what he(she) is worth. They seem to expect that we are eager to work for free, or a share of the "yuge" potential profits.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
These solicitations so resemble the "Nigerian scam" (https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-money/nigerian-scams ) that I wounder why ACC continues to allow them. A simple solution:
1) Require the poster to give minimum dollar(USA)/hour fee;
2) Require that the poster establish an escrow account (there are many Internet providers for such) to cover some minimum number of hours , say 40, but anything greater than 10 many be reasonable; and
3) Require that such information accompany the original post.

John