Electrode shaping for DC corona discharge O3..

triggernum5

Joined May 4, 2008
I'm trying to boost the output of a little ozone generator I made to protect my meats from infection as they age..
I'm only using a little internally rectified flyback from a 5" Memorex b/w tv screen (like from their karaoke machines..
This little thing doesn't perform that well when arranged for dielectric barrier discharge, or surface barrier discharge for that matter.. Currently I'm using a positive point to plane arrangement..
I've taken stranded SS wire (from a psu), fanned it out at the tip, and trimmed it evenly.. It is then secured a few millimetres above the grounded plate.. I've tried MANY subtley different strand arrangements, which is very tedious to say the least.. Using a point/plane configuration I have been able to generate enough ozone, but the system is too sensitive to keep properly adjusted if the electrodes are close enough to sustain much corona for ozone production.. I haven't been able to sustain a strong corona without the risk of breakdown to a loud squealing cold spark that tends to launch an EMP attack on my house..
Any help stabilizing this configuration, or boosting any other configuration would be appreciated..

banozon

Joined May 19, 2008
I'm trying to boost the output of a little ozone generator I made to protect my meats from infection as they age..
I'm only using a little internally rectified flyback from a 5" Memorex b/w tv screen (like from their karaoke machines..
This little thing doesn't perform that well when arranged for dielectric barrier discharge, or surface barrier discharge for that matter.. Currently I'm using a positive point to plane arrangement..
I've taken stranded SS wire (from a psu), fanned it out at the tip, and trimmed it evenly.. It is then secured a few millimetres above the grounded plate.. I've tried MANY subtley different strand arrangements, which is very tedious to say the least.. Using a point/plane configuration I have been able to generate enough ozone, but the system is too sensitive to keep properly adjusted if the electrodes are close enough to sustain much corona for ozone production.. I haven't been able to sustain a strong corona without the risk of breakdown to a loud squealing cold spark that tends to launch an EMP attack on my house..
Any help stabilizing this configuration, or boosting any other configuration would be appreciated..

HOW TO MAKE A- OZONE GENERATOR FOR HOME USE

tCharacteristics of an A-Ozone Generator as:
- Allways Creating fresh Ozone (not a snap or very small of NOx attachedt)
- Quantity(Ozone output 1 to 5gr/ hr ) and Quality (density > 5 mg/L) - meet “All or None Effect” to kill Microorganisms, destroy of poison, deodorize, …of Water, Fruits, Vegetables, Meets, Fishs, etc …
- Safe to use
- Low noise
- Safe energy ( < 5 Watts /1 gr O3)
- Up 10 years long life time
- Cheeply (about USD 50.00/ 1 gr O3)
- …….
For that reason, It’s better to choose method of producing ozone “CPD” (cold Corona Plasma
Discharge) on the Ceramics Tube at 3- 5 kV 20- 48 kHz, use Pure Oxygen or Dryed Air (in fact
you can use natural air as OK)

Now, It’s easily to make some A- ozone generator for yourself as follows: (see Fig. 1; 2; 3)

Cost (in US $)

Type No 1 (Fig. 1)
FT 5 Inverter (OEM & ODM by Clean JSC) 10.00
VT 5 Flyback (OEM & ODM by Clean JSC) 5.00
Ozone Chamber (OEM & ODM by Clean JSC) 15.00
Air Pump (Hailea – Original China ) 10.00
Expenses (Switch, Timer, Electric wire,box …) 5.00
Total: 35.00
(US $ ~17.5 / 1gr O3)

Type 2 (Fig.2) add: Silica gel IND (blue colour) 0.5 kg 2.00
Fan 220VAC 18W 3.00
Total: 40.00
( US $ ~ 13.00/ 1gr O3)

Type 3 (Fig. 3) As type 1, but reduce Ai pump, add Oxygene
Total: 110.00
(US % ~ 22.00 / 1 gr O3)

Please reference at: www.sachben.com

Banozon

Attachments

Look upon ozone as gaseous bleach - it definitely isn't safe, which is why it's such an effective biocide. It's bad news for your olfactory bulbs if you sniff it too, as it burns them out and they don't grow back and one's sense of smell is gradually diminished.

I had the opposite problem many years ago, as a client was developing some negative ionisers and wanted to minimise the ozone production. I do recall the magnitude of the HT was a factor. We used free-air emitters of the pointy variety, and I recall the most efficient one was a carbon-fibre gun barrel brush.

I'm unfamiliar with the point/plane configuration (it does sound fairly self-explanatory though), but I'm pretty sure a LOPT would be a bit variable in this configuration. Have you tried an HT cap across the output, of whatever capacitance the CRT anode plate would be?

Most ionisers use a Cockroft-Walton ladder; this might be worth investigating.