Electricity meter's mistery

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One wonders about the training of the repairmen.
Definitely! I actually had a power company, "engineer" at my house, failing to fix the problem. After that, all the information in the Internet will not make it legal for me to adjust the error out of the meter. Besides, I would have to break the seals to adjust it, and that would trigger the accusations of theft. Better (for me) to merely break the seals and let the normal results happen: One angry jerk threatening me, one replacement meter, one problem solved. :)

This won't fix anything for ELECTROFLUX, but it worked for me.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
There's a meter adjustment to stop this. One wonders about the training of the repairmen.
Thanks for that bit of information.

I have an electronic meter now, but how is a consumer supposed to know if they have a meter that's causing them to be overcharged under light load?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
how is a consumer supposed to know if they have a meter that's causing them to be overcharged under light load?
They aren't.

I could whine about how easy it used to be to use the spinning wheel to do a load calculation, complete with phase angle correction, but the choice to conceal ALL information from the customer seems a lot more sinister.:( You can still test the results, but it's going to take a lot longer to work with only the digits which are available on the display.