electrically conductive paste

jmoffat

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Can anyone recommend an electrically conductive paste. I want to make my electrical connections more resistant to corrosion. I don't need lubrication or adhesive properties, just conductivity and corrosion resistance.

My original thought was to use a copper paste product that I used when I was constructing megawatt power supplies for induction furnaces. We painted the electrical connection surfaces on the buss bars with copper paste to assure reliability.

I have done a web search and just can't find the right product. I only need an ounce or less of product. Suggestions Please!

Andreas

Joined Jan 26, 2009
"I want to make my electrical connections more resistant to corrosion. I don't need lubrication or adhesive properties, just conductivity and corrosion resistance."
It would help to know what type of connection you have made (i.e. soldered, crimped or screw terminal) and what environment it is going to be in. But in any case RS compnents do a Silver loaded epoxy adhesive 186-3616. It has excellent conductivity, R <0.005 Ohm/cm, Adhesion excellent, chemical resistance excellent but moisture resistance is only down as good. Unfortunately it is not cheap.

Good luck with your search.