electrical

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The on/off switch comes to mind.

Flourescent/LED light bulbs, but the LED versions are still pretty expensive, though they will pay for themselves over time.

There are some other gadgets I've seen at the hardware store that cut a few percent off motors use of electricity, though I'm not too sure how it works.

Metalfan1185

Joined Sep 12, 2008
are you talking about saving energy in a house? a car? Maybe trying to save money by conserving energy?

If yes, then there are a few things you can do to save energy and lower the cost of electricity in your home.

1)Plug appliances into "power Strip" surgre protectors and shut them off when your not using them. This eliminates standby currents

2)change your incandescent (filament) Light bulbs to gas ones, (flourescent). Flourescent lights use Ballast Transformers and high Voltage to reduce the current used by the light. A 13W Flourescent light may be just as bright as a 60 Watt light bulb, but uses 47 watts less.

3)you may consider lowering the thermostat in your house while you are out at work or if noone will be home for a while

4)Shut the PC off, (i know, it sucks to wait for it to boot up, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?)

5)Your not going to open your windows in the winter, use the plastic sheets and double sided tape to cover them. I have seen this save over %30-%45 in heating costs.

6)If your really serious, look into Solar Panels and Batteries.

I hope that's what your looking for