electrical shock - Christmas lights

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Edie Leslie, Dec 13, 2009.

  1. Edie Leslie

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 13, 2009
    2
    0
    When plugging and unplugging my christmas lights I have noticed that the electrical prongs are exposed even when the lights are lit. Doesn't this mean that I could easily get shocked if I accidently touched the "hot" prong?
     
  2. SgtWookie

    Expert

    Jul 17, 2007
    22,182
    1,728
    You could, I suppose. It's never happened to me.

    You're supposed to grasp the insulated plug firmly so that your fingers don't slip.
     
  3. Edie Leslie

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 13, 2009
    2
    0
    Thanks SgtWookie
     
Loading...