Electrical Engineering

Ryuk

Joined Oct 9, 2012
Hi all, I was wondering who here is studying electrical engineering? What area in EE do you specifically want to be involved in? And if you already are working as an EE, please share what you are doing.;)

I personally would like to design motors/generators. It would be cool to be involved in electric transportation.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I talked with a guy who was designing better motors when I went to Nottingham open day. He said that at the moment, a lot of the powerful magnets used for big motors come from china, and that he was designing much more efficient motors using less powerful magnets, meaning that they were cheaper and more readily available.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I call myself an EE student!

But I 'm more of an electronics/control enthusiast. Energy and large motors isn't my thing. My university does have such department, though.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
I originally served an apprenticeship in electronics whilst studying EE. Qualified as an electronics technician and currently employed as a field service engineer looking after medical equipment.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I am an electrical engineer, currently working in software engineering and designing on the side.

My main emphasis is in digital systems and controls/robotics

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
MSEE ('70) from University of Michigan. Can't imagine doing anything else, and learning new things all the time.

Making custom OS images for industrial computers

Last edited:

vortmax

Joined Oct 10, 2012
I'm working on a PhD in atmospheric physics. We have an aircraft mounted, optical instrument we use to study clouds. To support that i do enough work in photonics, digital image processing and electrical/mechanical design that it made sense to add an MS in EE.

Six_Shooter

Joined Nov 10, 2012
I'm just about done my first semester for Electronics Engineering Technology (Telecom). The program isn't just telecom, but that's the title. I hope to get into R&D and/or product development of consumer electronics, including the systems used to test them before being approved for sale. :)

testing12

Joined Jan 30, 2011
Im a 3rd year EE student. In my fourth year i would like to specialize in power. I also went to community college for 3 years for robotics. :)