Electrical Engineering Syllabus

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by naveed, Sep 5, 2012.

1. naveed

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 12, 2008
    I want to be an electrical engineer. Anyone can plz tell me full syllabus (with per-requisite courses) taught in universities?

for example, in 1st semester:

Calculus (Calculus by anton howard)
    physics (Haliday Resnik Krane)
    basic electronics (Grob Basic Electronics Eighth edition)
    programing (learn c++)

what are the courses of all semesters and the best books for them you recommend.
  2. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    Which university? Every one of them is different.
  3. Austin Clark

Dec 28, 2011
    At my college, each student has an advisor to help you. Maybe you have the same? Just ask any of your instructors for help, I'm sure they will.
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Most colleges and universities post their curriculum (the term 'syllabus' is usually used in relation to a single course, and 'curriculum' or 'program' to the overall degree program) publicly on their websites. This is usually done hierarchically, meaning that you will find a high level program chart that lists a bunch of specific courses by name/number and then groups of courses, such as so may hours of upper division (junior/senior) english and so many technical electives in your major and so on. Usually it will also require so many 'design credits' and so many 'engineering credits'. For each of those areas you can then find a list of courses you can choose from and, for the technical courses, how many design vs. engineering credits is it worth. For a given course, you can usually find the basic course description in the school's bulletin (and the relevant pages are commonly linked from where you were looking at the curriculum stuff). To get specific book information, the easiest way is to look at the school's bookstore's website. They frequently have a consolidated list of all the texts for all of the courses being offered that sememster and, perhaps, the previous semester as well.

Keep in mind that each instructor is generally pretty free to structure their course content however they want as long as it stays within certain bounds, and so they vary pretty widely from school to school, from semester to semester, and perhaps even section to section.