Electrical Engineering project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by HEXbinazec, Oct 10, 2013.

1. HEXbinazec

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Hey,

I'm on my internship right now and when i'm done i have to make a project. I really can't come up with something impressive. I wan't something that I am capable of doing of course, something that involves visible interaction (LED's Servo's etc) and it has to be done in 1/2 year by only myself (no project group). Maybe you can help me :)

Regards,

HEXbinazec

2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Generally, part of the point of a project where you get to come up with what the project is going to be is for YOU to apply your knowledge and creativity to the task of exploring what kind of projects seem reasonable and interested.

This goal is not satisfied by just asking the internet to tell you what to make.

So describe a bit about your state of education and what things you have some experience with. After all, how can we possibly help you find something that you are capable of doing unless you give us some idea of what you are capable of doing!

Also, what the key constraints on your project are. You've provided some (visible interaction, one person, six months) but there are other considerations. For instance, what are the cost constraints? Size? Power? Is it six months full-time effort? Or six months one-hour-a-week effort?

The throw up a handful of ideas? Go to a shopping mall and look around and see what catches your fancy. It doesn't have to be something that is sitting on the shelf with a price tag on it, either. It can be something that is part of an advertising display, for instance. Just jot down a quick description of anything you come across. Then give them some thought and think of projects that might either replicate what you've seen or use them as an inspiration for something (either simpler or more complex). Then pick two to four of them and describe them here along with what you think the things are that make it suitable for your project requirements, some of the ideas you have about how it might be implemented, and what you think might be some of the challenges that you will have to overcome.

3. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    By the rules you've established no help is possible. :rolleyes:

If I was a font of good cool ideas I'd be running my own company making those same good cool products. But you might spend some time looking thru some hobby sights till you see a project that inspires you.

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    No one will ever know that he accessed this obscure electronics web site.:D:p:rolleyes:

And they will never know when he comes back here to get more ideas for his final employment.

5. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    I think it is time somebody made a Maxwell Smart style shoe phone. You can replace the dial with an LCD multi-touch screen if you want.

Bob

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Huh, good idea. A smartphone in your shoe with a bluetooth link to a microphone or a google glass would make for some great spyware.