Electrical Components

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
Hello,

This is my first post on here. I'm happy to have found this place. Seems like I have a lot to learn.

Which leads to my first question. I downloaded LT Spice. Most of the components on there, I have no idea what they are...

Of the few that I know, some aren't even on there.

For the circuits I'm interested in building, the most important components would be NO/NC closed switches, 2-8 position switches, and a few other things I can't think of right now.

But, it'd be good to learn what all those components do and I'd appreciate if anybody can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Alex

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
I apologize, it seems that I was too vague on my post. The components that are of the most interest to me, at this moment, are those I mentioned, and I understand how those work, but I can't seem to find them in LTSpice.

I'll continue reading up on the components, though. I'm sure there are more ways to get to the same solution.

Appreciate the help.

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
I understand that. While there are some things on there I have very limited to no knowledge at all about, I was interested in learning about components that I didn't mention.

Regardless, I am already reading that wiki page.

Thanks again.

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
I want to get some hands on experience and I'm ready to purchase some basic stuff.

I'm buying a breadboard, some wires, resistors, switches, diodes, capacitors, etc.

Just to mess around and get a feel for this stuff. I love the fact that it's all up to our own creativity to come up with something interesting...

Anything you guys would suggest I include?