electrical commossioning

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by himooo, Apr 5, 2008.

1. himooo

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    I am new electrical engineer and have no experience and I joined the commossioning team and I found that a lot of electrical tests must be understood so can any one help me and give me guide to all equipments tests
    snd how to make it for available equipments ( contactors,breakers, relays, earth fault,CT,VT........etc)

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If you're in the US, then the NEC plus manufacturer's data on the individual equipments should tell you everything you need to know.

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm not familiar with that term; can you elaborate?

4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Commotion:
    An agitated disturbance.

It occurs when the electrical wiring is done wrong and causes the building to catch on fire. (Smiley)

5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I remember that. In the first assembly language I learned there was an instuction for the machine to "Halt and Catch Fire". Thanks for the mammaries.

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Surely the exact spec for this will be covered in the industry regulations for your locale. These will differ from place to place, even though the fundamental test will be very similar (the same). Have you considered asking one of your peers for a copy of "the manual" to see what they do where you live?

Dave