electrical calculations?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by huiamu, Dec 20, 2006.

1. huiamu

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Hello to all .
    I've started a project in wich i want to output 1000KV , the main important question is how to calculate the components of the circuit , resistors , power suply , condensators ...
    Long time ago i haved a book with all the formulas and calculations needed to acomplish the fantasy . Anyway i've lost it and now searching but seems the book can not be find.
    Do you have some book in opinion a good book indeed,carefully explained. I want to make the proper calculations about the electricity wich will flow in the circuit .

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Your query is a touch vague to be of any real assistance with your project. Practically all the necessary equations that have significance to electronic circuits are contained in the All About Circuits On-line Textbook. I suggest you have a browse and try to familarise yourself with the necessary details. m4yh3m has provided a series of Cheat Sheets for download with many of the relevant equations for circuits, I would recommend you take a look.

Once you have re-aquainted yourself with the details of circuits feel free to ask the forums for more specific help. Good luck.

Dave

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    1000KV for the uninitiated is one million volts. You may be talking about a Van de Graaf generator or you are an electric utility. I seriously doubt that you could generate such a vlotage with ordinary parts. Even if you could I'm by no means convinced that you should. If you want to play with fire you should have a plan for what to do when you burn your fingers.

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Lol! Didn't notice that! :D

dave

5. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Anyone want to bet? I'll bet that, if he replies, he will say that he meant 1kV, or 1000V.
    Of course, I could be wrong. I was once before. :)

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I too thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

7. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow, you must have been lucky!

To be fair, when writing up to a forum it is an easy mistake to make - I just hope that people don't make the same mistake in reality.

Dave

8. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    I wasn't mistaken. It was the time I thought I was wrong, then discovered I wasn't.

9. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
  10. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi,

One of those stages is to induce somebody else to try it.