Electret mic. & mixer with tone control

hazim

Joined Jan 3, 2008
In my electronics II project, I want to build an audio amplifier circuit with tone control and a two line mixer, one is a line in input (CD player, computer...) the other line of the mixer is fed by an electret microphone... Maybe my idea is not clarified (and sorry for my bad composition and English), but the pictures should clarify it....

I hope you answer me quickly since it's late here and I will go buy the components tomorrow.

First, how much output voltage does a powered electret mic. give directly (without a preamplifier)?? ranging in millivolts, I mean 1-100mV??

Second, can I simply connect the electret mic. to one of the inputs of the sound mixer(see the attached circuits) or a have to build a preamplifier for the mic.??

Finally, does it work if I connect the three-channel tone control to the output of the sound mixer/amplifier????

Attachments

hazim

Joined Jan 3, 2008
then the electret mic gives voltage in micro volts and the preamplifier amplifies the signal to milli volts???

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I think your input potentiometers are far to high in value.

They need to be an order of magnitude less than the input impedance of the transistor. Can you calculate this or do you need help here?

For the line input the impedance should be 47k to 100K

If your electret or condenser mike has an inbuilt FET then this figure is also OK for the mike input. Otherwise it needs to be several meg. That is why FETS are used.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Is it you or your teacher who found the mixer circuit from 1962?
It has almost no gain because its input resistor values are much higher than the low input impedance of the transistor that has no negative feedback.