Efka, Control boxes for sewing machines

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by gentiks, Oct 24, 2011.

1. gentiks

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Please, can someone to help me with some schematics. Thank you

2. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    If anybody ever wanted to help you finding something like this you'll need to provide a model number or more details.

3. gentiks

Oct 21, 2011
    Dear praondevou, thank you for your suggestion.
    The problem that I have is with one Efka variostop control box. The model of the circuit board is 8H31HY2. This model (not only this ) is used in sewing machines industry. The problem on it is: the sewing machine run OK, but when the operator at the end of sewing process finish with thread trimming, the sewing machine (motor) doesn't stop but continue moving. Motor type is VD552 (induction motor with electromagnetic clutch)
    Please can anybody help me with the circuit diagram of the positioning device black cover (mounted in head of the sewing machine). Its code is P5-2.
    Thank you all in advance

4. sheldons

Oct 26, 2011
    could i have a pic of the board used??

5. gentiks

Oct 21, 2011
    I hope these pictures are OK. Please if you have experience, can you give some advices.

6. dime101

Apr 17, 2012
    Can anyone tell me what is the replacing part for the RCA 5-1147?

I cant find anything about this part! is it triac or transistor?

7. gentiks

Oct 21, 2011
    You can replace it with BDW93C. It will be OK, but before testing the board, always check the cabling and the solenoids (sometime, maybe one them can be shorted)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    dime101 likes this.
  8. dime101

Apr 17, 2012
    In the old part (rca 5-1147) the order of the pins is-1 base,2-emitter,3-collector
    but in the new replacing part (BDW93C) the order of the pins is not the same: 1-base,2-collector,3-emitter. So,should i put the new part in order like the old one (1 base,2-emitter,3-collector) or to put in just the way it is the new part (1-base,2-collector,3-emitter)

9. gentiks

Oct 21, 2011
    I have made this replacement a lot of time and it works OK. With what kind of boards are you working?

10. dime101

Apr 17, 2012
    this if Efka variostop control plate 4E52DP481Y1

So,connenction of the pins to the plate is in this order:

1.Gate signals from the diodes under the marked parts( transistors or thyristors)

2.Signal to the solenoids and the electromagnetic motor clutch

3.Signal from the main power supply (I don't know is it positive or negative)

11. warren47

Jan 31, 2015
    I realize I am late to this game but did anyone out there have schematics for the Efka controller? I am helping a friend bring a Pfaff 561 back to life. It has an Efka motor/controller

12. paralelan

May 21, 2015
    hello, can you confirm that the replacement part fit? I have the same problem, efka variostop ...