EFIE

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Skinner, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinner

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Hello All

Does anyone have a PCB layout and parts list for a dual EFIE ?

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    A dual EFIE is waste of money. Your car will probably ending up using more fuel, and get less HP. Spend your money on something more useful. That is my tip

3. lectronix

Jun 13, 2012
    I originally intended to make my own efie, but gave up and bought a narrowband one from here: http://stansdream.com/narrowband_efie.htm
    It works as advertised, and I can adjust it anywhere from 0V to around 530mV.
    I put it on my 1988 Plymouth reliant and it DOES give more fuel economy. To me, my time was worth more than the money. I think it was about $65. From what I've read also, the wideband efie, which will be required for most never vehicles, will be even more complex...

4. mcasale

Jul 18, 2011
    What the #e!! is an efie?

5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Car computer and HHO are both out-lawed on this forum :)

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Can we have some more background info on what an EFIE is, before I can safely close this thread? I plead unaware of the subject.

7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    According to this it's an Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer which modifies the oxygen sensor signal to supposedly increase fuel economy (thus a no-no for this forum). Given the huge sums of money car manufactures spend to increase the fuel efficiency of their cars I find it highly unlikely that any add-on would significantly improve on that. (And please no conspiracy theories about Big Oil. When I was a kid I heard stories about 50MPG carburetors whose patents were bought by Big Oil to prevent their use. I didn't believe those either.) ;)

8. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.