Effective Business communication

Asad1

Joined Feb 11, 2009
what is business communication?

In business how can we eliminate message distractions & develop communication skills?

What is meant by ethical communication in business ?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
One of the most critical communication skills is listening. It is vital to pay attention to what someone is saying , and to resist the notion we somehow know where they are going with their idea. To this end, it is good to re-phrase out loud what we believe they have just said, so they may provide correction.

When writing, we must always remember the reader cannot hear our tone-of-voice nor see any body language. The words alone account for only a fourth of human communication!

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
One of the most critical communication skills is listening. It is vital to pay attention to what someone is saying , and to resist the notion we somehow know where they are going with their idea. To this end, it is good to re-phrase out loud what we believe they have just said, so they may provide correction.

When writing, we must always remember the reader cannot hear our tone-of-voice nor see any body language. The words alone account for only a fourth of human communication!
I teach technical writing as an integral part of my electronics course. I run across too many otherwise competent electronics technicians and engineers who are essentially functionally illiterate. This is inexcusable, and totally unnecessary.

Eric