EEV-Making Money on You Tube

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I started watching his videos about a month ago, and already have seen just about every one. I find some of his "rants" VERY useful. I've learned a lot form that channel. And of course, the Mailbag Mondays and Teardown Tuesdays are very entertaining ;)

Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Especially teardowns. It would cost me a fortune to buy and find out what's inside all of those appliances. Especially the last one with the LCD screen was amazing.
I found that one extremely interesting. I had no idea there were so many layers inside the screen! Or how LED backlighting worked on an LCD TV. :p

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Nah, he rarely rants, even though claiming to do so. Usually it's comments on what could have been done better, but he's well aware of the price factor on every product.
Nah you have good rants, and bad rants. Dave has good rants. And I also think he often use the word rant. Then referring to his own works. Dave has electronic forum and also a blog. I am not a member on his electronic forum. Can not be all places on the net. But I have noticed that he is very good in following up postings both in his forum and his blog

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I've got a love - hate relationship with Dave. He has some great information in his videos - but he's kind of a slut. Buy this - buy that - do this - don't do that - rant on - rant off.

I can't stand his high-pitched aussie voice and rants. He'll post a 45 minute video with 35 minutes of rant and 9 minutes of information, and 1 minute of a 'gem' that I should probably know and don't already.

On the other end I give him major props for his entrepreneurial spirit, carving a niche, and staying at home with his boy - and making some money at it.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I tend to avoid watching videos. They waste your time as much as watching the news. Videos have no advantages against writen info.

Because it was formally reccommended, maybe here in this forum, I decided to watch his video on using scopes with different ground schemes. It was full of information and little blah blah, if any.