EEE third year project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by fafty, Jul 28, 2014.

1. fafty

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Hello,

I am going into my third year of university and was wondering if I can get some ideas on what project I should do...

We have 24 weeks for this (including time to write report).

I am very interested in the automotive industry, so something related to that will be helpful.

I would like to work on something that involves hardware and software.

Any other good ideas are also welcome!

Hope to hear your great project ideas very soon!

2. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Since it looks like the future of the Auto industry is going to be more automation/self-driving then collision avoidance, inertial guidance etc. may be the way to go. Another area could be things like power management for electric vehicles.

3. fafty

Jan 26, 2012
    do you think that something like the communication between vehicles to avoid accidents or being able to enter an address and the vehicle creating a route and takes you there is do able in the short time frame?

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I vote for collision detection, an audible alert is sounded especially when reversing or attempting to park.

5. fafty

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks, but I am just wondering, is collision detection good enough project for final year at university? as it will only some sensors that interface with a uC and the output can be anything i guess, sound, light etc

6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I suggest you combine image analysis with ultrasound.

7. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Doppler radar or laser distance measurement (near IR) is probably more use in collision avoidance at speed on a busy junction. Tracking multiple moving vehicles, front, behind, side and the road verge, white lines, barriers, etc. and coming up with an algorithm to determine what constitutes a collision threat should keep you busy fora term or two. ;)